We’re at the bottom of the massive rope tow (biggest in the
Southern Hemisphere) I’m feeling a bit of mixed emotions, really excited but a
bit scared.
Half way up the rope tow at Roundhill Tekapo and I’m holding
on to my nut cracker for dear life. I make it to the top and I see the coolest
view ever. I feel pretty chuffed to make it to the top not many people venture
up the rope tow only the skiers with guts go up.

Uncle Chris, Cousins Joe and I started skiing across the
mountain to get to some really nice snow. It’s quite hard to get across; I went
all the way to where it said “End of field.” When Joe caught up we started
going down.
We were just carving our way down in deep light fluffy snow
when we reached a big gully we began dropping in and out of it. We crossed over
the gully and started skiing on the other side. When Joe spotted a dangerously
step part of the gully we all went for it, Joe went first then Chris and I, we
went racing up the other side and got good air.
Speeding alongside the ridge of the gully in soft powdery
snow because everyone would snowplough there snow to the ridge. I was just
skiing along nicely until my ski sunk into the snow, caught an edge and came
off and I flung out and did a forward flip and landed on my butt.
Near the bottom there are little jumps and if you hit them
at pace you’ll go flying. That was such exhilarating, heart pounding run.
No comments:
Post a Comment