My walk home.
My walk home is a long one. Firstly we get off the bus at the bus stop. Then get some goodies at the Four Square with all our hard earned pocket money. Some people ask for "10 cents bro?" Munching on our pies we start walking past the Playcenter and listen to the cries and giggles of the pre-schoolers. We say goodbye to one of our pack with only 5 remaining. The construction team with their hammers making the loudest bang scares away another of our pack with four left. We come to a mini forest where birds play. Chirping and fluttering away. Another goes. Three left behind. The uphill makes us wheeze and gasp for air as we are jealous of another leaving two of us. We celebrate as we come ever closer to my friends house. I say goodbye to him. Now I am all alone and left to conquer my driveway... The last one. The steep crumbling pile of rocks and dirt makes me puffed but the sense of accomplishment of getting past that obstacle is well worth it. I am finally at my house. I go to open the door. It is locked!
Joseph
No comments:
Post a Comment